June 9, 2015

Dare To Stand Alone

Again, not a lot of time. BUT, I will tell you all the things I've learned this week!

But first, let me just say congratulations to my BRO!! I've been waiting all week to say that. I'm so proud of him :) Going to the Baltimore Maryland mission and leaving right after I get home :) It's going to be so nice to get to see him, and guys, GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS. That's why I get to see him :) Well and probably because he needs to touch people's lives only at that time and stuff, too, but ya  know. Everyone is so excited for you! All the elders and the members that I've told are so stoked :) But especially me.

Also, we found graffiti on the church this week. Yeah. APPALLING, right?? WE couldn't believe it. SO we took pictures by it (because that's probably the only time that you'll ever see graffiti on the church).

Sis. Fisi'italia has had a lot of firsts this week! She had her first Sonic slushie at happy hour (and she's been out only a transfer less than me...it's crazy!!) and she loved it. She also tried rhubarb in a sauce form on her ice cream and loved it, and she saw her very first beaver and muskrat. Yep. I have pictures of that too. Also, my favorite quote from her this week was in reference to the first of the 10 commandments: "It's like if you went up to the king and said 'HEY KING WHAT'S UP' then the soldiers would shoot you in the forehead, and you would not be alive." Thank goodness it was a role-play.

We did a lot of service this week too. I've been outside working in the dust and pollen and all that goodness that I had to wear my glasses yesterday, and our ward mission leader's wife thought I had pink eye. But it was just allergies. Don't worry I'm better today and I don't have pink eye!!! I promise mom!! But yeah, we've been helping old ladies bag pine needles from the massive pine tress in her yard, grilling hot dogs for the old singles FHE, sewing dresses for little girls in Africa, cleaning people's houses, gardening....all of that. But it's been fun and good and helped us gain the trust of a lot of members.

Which leads me to what I've learned this week. I've learned hard core to stick to the basics of the gospel. Like, the way basics. I don't care how old I get or how many times I have the same Sunday School lesson or how many times I read the standard works all the way through. I WANT TO STAY TO THE DIVINE TRUTHS. Those are the simple things, and there's no deep stuff. It's simple. We had a lady this week in her visiting teaching message say that the woman with the issue of blood in Luke 8 was on her period for 12 years, and that was her issue of blood. There's no way to know that, and there's no reason we should jump to such conclusions, in my opinion. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, either way, we don't know, so we can't assume. Personal opinion.

But, that's not the only thing. This week has been pretty rough because Sis. Fisi'italia and I are slowly beginning to realize that the less actives we teach aren't progressing and are getting pretty stubborn. And I got this impression that I can't condone sin. I can't tolerate it anymore. I mean I couldn't before, but now I really can't. So, when they say things like "well I asked you to ask Brother so and so because Bishop doesn't know the ward as well," I have to stand up for my Savior's chosen servants! I can't allow them to rag on the organization of my Savior's church, because I represent Him> I can't allow them to teach false or deep doctrine in lessons because Christ wouldn't allow it. AND, I have to do it with a lot of love so as to not offend the easily offended. I have a lot of work to do in Pagosa, and I'm realizing that God isn't letting me off the hook or have it easy for the last stretch of my mission. So I'm gonna work hard, I promise!

Challenge: Don't be complacent or okay with where you are. Progress.
Scriptures: Luke 8 and James 1

I love you all mucho!!! Be diligent please :)
Sister Courtney Gah'yii'sii

No comments:

Post a Comment