September 26, 2013

Letters


Why do we love getting letters in the mail so much? Is it because it's a rarity in a world that is full of technology that allows us to communicate almost instantly? Maybe. Is it because it's something we don't expect? Maybe. Is it because our trip to the mailbox wasn't in vain? Maybe.

I think that it has to do most with the fact that it makes us feel like somebody cares. Somebody took the time to sit down and write you a letter, even though they could have easily sent you a quick email or text. Not only that, but they put thought and care into those words that they wrote you! That's part of the reason why I love getting letters so much.

This week, I got a particularly special letter. It was signed by the living and true prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. He is the prophet of God's church on the earth, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This letter that he sent me was my mission call. I am proud to tell you that I will be serving a mission for my Lord and Savior, even Jesus Christ. For 18 months, I will be His representative, be His hands full-time, and preach His gospel in the New Mexico Farmington area. I have been called to serve Him, and I will serve Him faithfully.

This is truly the best letter I have ever received.




No comments:

Post a Comment