April 6, 2015

Therefore, What?

Hello friends and family!!

Wasn't conference just fantastic?? I absolutely loved it. It's seriously one of my favorite times of year. I'm kind of sad that I won't get to watch it as a missionary again, because there's definitely a different spirit as a missionary, but it's still just as good! Did y'all catch the shout out to the Navajo Nation in Elder Andersen's talk about music and dance! Yep, we all got really excited. And, the shout out in women's conference to Chinle stake! I've heard about Sis. Yellowhair a lot. Sooo yeah that was great!

So I'm getting transferred! I'm headed up to Cortez, CO, and I promise I will get my address to you soon....I kind of forgot to write it down before I left....but I'll get it to you all. I'm going to be in a trio with Sis. Panoussi and Sis. Bowler, who were with me in the MTC!! Isn't that crazy!? I'm so excited. It's gonna be a lot of fun. Trios are always interesting, too. But it's going to be great! We're going to be on bikes, so that'll be crazy, and we cover the city part (I've heard). Some of the elders around here, and Sis. Wilson, have served there, and they all loved it. Plus, we get free Coldstone :)

This week we've had some crazy weather. CRAZY. The beginning of the week it was pretty warm and nice, and then all of a sudden BOOM. Wind hit. It was like 30 miles an hour, one of the members told us, and 50 mile gusts. Sooooo yep we walked in it. It was crazy. My hair looked so good on Thursday, and then after like an hour of tolerating it blowing all over the place, I gave up and put it in a bun. It was ridiculous. But it was also a lot of fun :) Everyone gave us the crazy look.

One of our less active families came to conference! It was awesome because we showed them the Because He Lives video taht the church put out, and the Spirit was strong in the lesson. We invited them to conference at the end and they came! For probably about the last month they've been pretty drunk when we stop by to visit, so I was really happy to see them mostly sober when they came to our lesson and to conference. I really hope that they keep progressing. They've had a rough life, this dad and son, and it's just crazy how much you can feel that God loves them, even when they're wasted and not doing the greatest things.

Random fun thing I did this week: I held a pig at dinner last night. Yep. A baby pig. I'll send a picture when Sis. Waite sends it to me.

Now I want to tell you about Brandon. So, goodbyes are like the dumbest thing about getting transferred. It's just hard cuz you love these people and you don't really want to go, but at the same time you're so stoked to get transferred. But, the members and the people you teach all want you to stay, and it's hard. But it must be done! So it was super hard to tell Brandon goodbye, cuz I've seen him change so much! But he called and told me a lot of really nice things that made me just realize that this is God's work! That He is real and that He is so mindful of each of His children. I know that Heavenly Father cares about each of us, and that I'm out here touching the lives of those He's asking me to. So that's what I'll do in Cortez, I promise!

I can't remember if I told y'all or not, but Brandon went to the temple about two weeks ago, and he has blessed the sacrament. He's come so far since when I first met him, and it's amazing to see the Atonement at work every single day!!

So the title of this email is Therefore, What, courtesy of Elder Griener (who is no longer Elder) and his wonderful training in district meeting a while back. But anyways, it's basically meaning that yes, we've heard all these great things from Conference and from the prophets and apostles....therefore, what? What are you going to do? That's your challenge is to take what you learned in conference and ACT.

And you're scripture is Alma 38, all about Shiblon :)

I love you!! Have a great week!
Sister Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment