July 5, 2013

Alone?


Nobody knows. Nobody possibly knows how I feel at this moment. This moment of trial, this moment of sorrow. Nobody can help me; this is something I have to face on my own. My family is far, my friends are few, and they don't understand. They couldn't. They can't. It's just me. Left to the overbearing thoughts in my head. Thoughts of unworthiness. Thoughts of hopelessness. Thoughts of despair. Nobody knows. Nobody will ever know. I am alone.

And then, through the darkness of my thoughts, a thin beam of bright light. "You are never alone," says a soft voice. That small light gives me hope. It dispels some of the darkness; I drink in its few glorious rays, eager to feel of its light. 

"I have not left you," the voice says again, "I am here." The brightness grows and I am filled with an indescribable warmth. The warmth and comfort of truth. "I know. I've felt what you've felt. You are my little sister. I know because I love you."

"And I promise that I will never leave you alone." My dark thoughts leave, vanquished by the light. I have a friend. I have a brother. I have a Savior. And He knows me. Me.

I am not alone.

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
           -Joshua 1:9

1 comment: