May 11, 2015

Biffed It

Sigh. Yes. I biffed it on my bike this week. It was bound to happen sometime, right!? But yep. I did the thing. But hey, I look good on my bike....when the wind doesn't pick up and my skirt doesn't fly everywhere. I'm working on it, I promise!

So yes, hello! First off, I love you all. Don't you forget it.

I survived my biff with just a scraped knee and a sore ankle. That was no bueno, but I recovered and all is well. But, my ankle does pop a little more than it used to. I'm not worried though. So don't worry mom and grandma!! I'm okay :) They took away our car at zone conference this week, so we are officially only on bikes. Which is hard because we don't really know how we're going to take our laundry to the Laundromat and how we're going to get groceries....so for today we're using the elder's truck, per permission from President Batt. But man they aren't happy about it! Neither are we. But, we're making the most of the situation!!

The elders bought us Happy Hour this week. We have a great district leader :)

Quote of the week: "I don't want to shake your hand, I want to hug your body!" Yep. An old man told me that when we went on exchanges and I was with my sister training leader. I wasn't weirded out at all.....

So yes, we had an awesome zone conference this week! It was weird though, because Sis. Fackrell bore her departing testimony and it made me realize how short of time I really have left. And then Elder Tingey (from St. Mike's) was there too and he had to bear his testimony, too. SO WEIRD that all these awesome missionaries I know are going home! But I got to tell Elder Tingey about some of the cool things that happened while he was gone with some of the people that I miss so much. But the zone conference was all about hope and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and it was so cool to have that reminder. I definitely needed it! I've been lacking in the hope department, and so has the whole mission. But, I've improved a little bit since Friday, and I'm still going to improve so that I have an endless supply of the gospel sense of hope, meaning that my hopes are more certain and more of an expectation than a guess at the future. Which comes from relying more on the Atonement of my Savior.

Now I want to tell you my favorite miracle from this week! We met with our investigator this week, and we brought a cute old lady member in the ward who had never been out with missionaries before. We committed her last Sunday to come out with us on Wednesday, and she kept calling us and asking us questions: "Do I need to wear a skirt?" "Am I picking you up?" "Do I need to bring my scriptures?" It was so cute. Then Wednesday rolled around and she picked us up and we walked in to our investigator's house, and she started talking to our investigator like she'd known her forever! And she bore her testimony without us asking questions and taught simply....it was like she was a missionary straight from Preach My Gospel! It was awesome. She told us after wards "well that wasn't bad at all!" Haha nope! Missionary work isn't as scary as you think it is! She told us that she had prayed all week to make sure that she would have the Spirit and that she would say helpful things, and it worked! Prayer works! It's like God intended prayer to be useful or something!

And another miracle I wanted to share with you is also from when we were on exchanges. Sis. Bowler and I were out with Sis. Browning (Sis. Panoussi was with Sis. Rubinol in another part of Cortez) and we were tracting this random road and found this cute less active couple, the Owens. Sis. Owens is bed ridden and can't come to church, and Bro. Owens has to stay with her 24/7 in case she needs something. It's a really sad situation, but they were SO happy when we came to visit and so excited to have the missionaries over. It made me realize that we really do have a special spirit about us, and that others can feel it when we're doing what's right.

So your challenge this week is to have more meaningful prayers! Have prayers like the member before our lesson, where you really desire the things that you're asking for!

And you're scripture is the classic Doctrine and Covenants 10:5. And I think there's one in Doctrine and Covenants 19:38, but that's off the top of my head, and I could be wrong about the verse. But yes, go look them up!

I love you so much!! Y'all rock and keep being stellar!
Sister Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment