October 29, 2014

What was on your bucket list before you were born?

This week has been a great week :) I've learned a lot, and I'm still trying to figure out where in the world everyone lives, but it's coming together thanks to the Lord!

We helped paint a chicken coop this week! It looked like we were just smearing poop on the chicken coop that was covered in poop, but hey service is service! It was way fun, and we got to talk about gospel things while we did it! So it was very successful. We did that with Steve, who is the man we walk goats with and gather chicken eggs (and catch chickens) with. So fun!

I also cleaned a house that our landlady rents out to people. We went and helped the morning that Sis. Fackrell left, and we got to talk to another lady that was there about the gospel, too! So that was way fun. We cleaned these nasty looking windows with vinegar (never heard of that before) and smelled like vinegar the rest of the day.

Then we drove to Farmington, went to WALMART (I will never take it for granted again), dropped off Sis. Fackrell, and picked up Sis. May! She's awesome. She goes home from her mission the week after my birthday, so in January! Crazy, huh? She's got a really fun personality, just loud and bubbly, and I love her to death! She's great! We've had lots of fun together already, and it's just the beginning!

Bro. Stocks came to church again yesterday! We didn't get to see him because we went to Paradox, but that was exciting. We also had a lesson with him, and he told us that he knew it was time to start working for the temple again, and his wife is just so excited about all of it! I am too, I can't blame her! I'm just so excited for them and so happy that I get the chance to work with them :)

Did I ever tell you that the branch president in La Sal has a bobcat for a pet? Yep. He does. So I finally got to meet the bobcat (Beastie) this week. It only took me 8 weeks to meet him, but whatever. He's horrifying. I mean I look happy in the picture and all but it was terrifying. The branch president held him and got all scratched up (granted, he does taunt the poor thing). Beastie just sounds like a small lion when he growls...it's crazy. Imagine the movie Tarzan, when he fights the jaguar leopard thing, and now imagine that sound reverberating throughout a house, and you have the noise that Beastie made. Who has a bobcat for a PET??? Only in La Sal.

We took a trip to Monticello, just for gas this week! We went to get gas at that little itty bitty pump, but the store closed early! So we drove 45 miles just to get gas, and we drove it on a 1/4 tank. Not smart, but we made it, and it happened.

Also, I had to give a talk in Paradox yesterday...and I found out 5 minutes before sacrament meeting started. Ha! So that was interesting. Sometimes, that happens with missionaries though. But don't worry; we're always prepared with something.

Well, on this week's agenda, we hopefully have the following:
1. Finish painting the chicken coop
2. Walk some Norwegian dwarf goats
3. Pregnancy check cows (either the glove-up-bum method, or the ultra sound, not sure which yet)
4. Brand cows
5. Help out at the Halloween carnival
6. Enjoy a Halloween party in Paradox
7. Get an extra hour of sleep with daylight savings

Yep, looks like it's going to be a good week with lots of stories to tell next week!

Your challenge this week is to do a self-check and write down what your bucket list was in the pre-existence. I heard that question (the title of the email) somewhere this week, and I thought it was awesome. So make a pre-earth life bucket list of what you wanted to do when you came to earth, and see if your accomplishing it. If you're not, then that's okay, that's what the Atonement is for.

Your scripture is 1 Nephi 15:24!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! Don't forget Fast Sunday this Sunday!
Sister Courtney Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment