December 8, 2013

My Scripture


"Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious,
And many of them are our brethren;
Therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom
That we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee."
-Alma 31:35 (emphasis added)

Their souls are precious. Precious, meaning that they are of high price or value, meaning that they are highly esteemed for their qualities, meaning that they are dear and beloved.* Every soul is precious in the sight of our Lord and our God. Seek out why you are precious, why your family members are precious, why the people you love and the people you despise are precious. Because they are.

They are our brethren. We are all sons and daughters of a loving Heavenly Father who knows us and is very personally involved in our lives! What a blessing that is to each one of us. It is also a wonderful reminder for us to love everyone, because they are our siblings. When it is hard to love, pray for the eyes to see what the Lord loves about that person, and He will manifest those things to you if you are patient and willing to see and love them wholly after.

Again. Meaning we were once in the presence of our Father. Before this life, I know that I lived side by side with my Father and my Older Brother, that they walked with me and talked with me, that they cheered me on as I prepared to come to earth, just as They continue to walk with me when I walk in righteous ways. Just as They continue to talk with me when I kneel in prayer and listen for the sweet promptings of the Holy Spirit. Just as they continue to cheer me on as I find my way back into Their presence.

This is my missionary plaque scripture. What does that mean? It means that for 18 months, a plaque will be hung in the building where I attend church with this scripture engraved upon it. It means that for 18 months, when people look at my missionary plaque, they will see what I hope to accomplish while I serve my Heavenly Father. It means that for 18 months, my purpose as a missionary will be displayed for the world to see.

*Definitions from dictionary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment