June 2, 2013

Word of the Week: Thanks


Thanks. It's an expression of love, a sort of tribute to a person or thing that has helped you in one way or another. It's showing appreciation for the things that have been done for you. It's recognizing that you have been helped, that you have never had to do it on your own.

Lots of times, we give thanks to people for what they've done for us. And we have reason to and should thank them often! But the person we ultimately need to thank is our Father in Heaven. In reality, He is the one who has put those people in our way, given us those things, and never left us on our own. "He is always near me, though I do not see Him there" ("If the Savior Stood Beside Me" lyrics). I truly believe that: He is always there for me. I trust Him to pick up my slack, to do what I can't. I know that He will always answer my prayers.

Heavenly Father has given us our families, our homes, our technologies, our friends, our bodies, our world, our stuff, our everything. Every single little thing. He has put the people we know, and even the ones we only kind of know, in our paths for a reason. We are supposed to learn from them or teach them something, to inspire them or be inspired, to love them or to be loved.

So let's take the time to thank our Heavenly Father for everything He's done for us. And if we don't feel like He's done much, then let's take a step back, take a moment and seek for those things that we know He's done. I guarantee you will find Him in your life. We always have reason to thank our loving Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment