May 28, 2013

Word of the Week: Trust


So many good things can come from trust. We gain friends that way, we find love that way, we branch out that way. All because of one little five-letter word. Trust, according to my favorite Dictionary.com, means "reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc. of a person or thing." It's what you are confident in. There are three things I think that we as humans need to trust in: ourselves, other people, and our Heavenly Father.

We need to trust in ourselves. We are capable of more than we think we are. If we take a moment to look at ourselves from someone else's perspective, we realize that we are capable of so much. We need to be able to rely on our own integrity, strength, and ability. We can do so much! But when we hold out  on and don't trust in ourselves, we lose sight of what we can do and we don't do it. That's never a good thing! I firmly believe that there are things meant for me that only I can do the best, that there are things meant for you to do that only you can do the best.

We need to trust other people. That can be really hard; I think we all know that from experience. When we trust other people, though, we can discover that we are not alone in our endeavors. We can learn from those people and be confident that they will keep us strong. We can rely on other peoples' integrity, strength, and ability to keep us going through times that are tough. When we trust each other, we make the world a little bit of a better place.

We need to trust in the Lord. The Lord can do all things! He is the Creator of worlds without end, and He knows each and every one of us personally. I know it! It's so amazing that our Father has children more numerous than the sands of the sea, and yet He knows me and you, our flaws and fears, our doubts and sorrows, our joy and excitement, our loves and laughs. And because He knows every single detail about us, doesn't that make you want to put your trust in Him? I will always put my trust in Him, because whatever I can't do, I know that He will make up the difference. I can rely on my Father's integrity, strength, ability, and surety. And so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment