May 12, 2013

Word of the Week: Mother



"By divine design...Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity."
             -The Family: A Proclamation to the World

The role of a mother is starting to dwindle, I think. Mothers are put here on this earth to raise children, the future of the world. They are the ones who guide their children, who give them advice and encouragement, who become shoulders to cry on. Their roles are being overwhelmed and smothered by the world. Too often we see mothers leaving children at daycares so that they can take care of themselves. How does that translate to the children? Those children will grow up thinking that it is acceptable to drop of their own kids to do whatever they please. Being a mother must be hard. But it is so so worth it in the end. To see the child that you've taught so much grow to be just like you must be absolutely amazing, and so worth every tear and heartache.

I'm no expert on motherhood, but I do have the example of my own mother. And knowing everything she's taught me, both the stuff I remember and the stuff I don't, makes me feel the pressure for when it will be my turn to raise children. They deserve everything that I have been given.

Today is their day. It's the day where we get to tell them how much we love them, how much we care. We get to appreciate them and make all their efforts worth it. It's the least we can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment